• Do you want to take your Cloud career in an exciting direction?
• Are you an Oracle or AWS Cloud Architect with pre-sales and Oracle E-business Suite R12.2 technology stack expertise?
• Have you been thinking about advancing your Oracle E-business Suite and Cloud knowledge and experience?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, we have a great career opportunity for you.
At SmartDog, we are passionate about advising and delivering value to our clients, while having fun doing it. We take our 25 years of experience and optimize our 250+ clients’ use of Oracle solutions. Our culture is open, honest, and fast-paced, with team members who thrive on diving in and helping to successfully solve any problems that stand in the way of complete client satisfaction.
Making a career move is all about timing, SmartDog is in the right place at the right time to capitalize on all things Oracle and Cloud (AWS and Oracle Cloud).
• Energized about new technologies such as Cloud IaaS and PaaS
• Excited about all things related to Oracle and database administration
• An Oracle Apps R12.2 database administration, and infrastructure professional
• Working on migrating Oracle Enterprise workloads to AWS for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
• Just as interested in everyone else’s success as your own
• Driven to ask why, seek inefficiencies, and eliminate them
• Someone who enjoys interacting with clients of every level
• Enjoy taking on big challenges, getting the job done, and knowing that your work is critical to the success of your client, your project, your team, and your company
• A US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Based in the Central, Eastern, or Mountain time zone
• Able to travel on a regular basis
What’s in for you?
• Be part of a reputable company that has been in business for over 25 years, and is currently ranked as Oracle’s number one Cloud MSP in the country
• The ability to enhance your Oracle EBS, DBA and Cloud Technology knowledge base by working on challenging bleeding edge projects, that include upgrades, migrations, implementations, and integrations in varied client industries
• The chance to deepen your Cloud Architecture, Database, Pre-sales, and Oracle e-Business Suite and Oracle technology stack capabilities
• The ability to learn different Cloud platforms like Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Azure.
• The opportunity to collaborate with many well-respected Oracle professionals with rich domain expertise in AWS and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
• Work on interesting and exciting technical projects, within a great company culture, and supportive environment
• You’ll be part of a collaborative, team-oriented, and client focused company
• You’ll work closely with a hands-on management team
• Be part of a culture that supports learning and development on the job – and really rewards hard work
• An environment where you can be a mentor, and feel valued everyday
• You will feel a sense of ownership where you can stretch your creativity, and enjoy flexibility
We would love to start a conversation and see how you can help us shape the future of SmartDog Services!
In the Oracle Cloud Architect role, you will enjoy the benefits of consulting for several clients and staying challenged with current technology. This is a full-time, salaried position within our Oracle Cloud Consulting Practice. The Cloud Architect will be responsible for deploying and overseeing customer’s cloud computing strategy on a multi cloud solution. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud workload migration, and cloud management and monitoring.
• Act as subject matter expert on pre-sales engagements on AWS and Oracle cloud platforms
• Advise clients with regards to database best practices and system architecture
• Develop, maintain, perform, and test backup and recovery procedures in hybrid environments
• Provide proactive performance monitoring, and capacity planning
• Administer and maintain security policies and procedures
• Perform installations, integrations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations
• Patch, clone, and administer Oracle EBS applications
• Evaluate new trends and technologies, and provide best practices recommendations to clients
• Lead database consulting engagements of various sizes
• Engage on projects that involve architecture, installation, upgrade, and load balancing
• Administer cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Service and Oracle Cloud
• Tasks involved for the client facing production environment, include monitoring, performance, release/deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, and latency
• The position will also include project consulting work, technical sales support, and mentoring junior or intermediate level DBAs
• Travel to client sites on as needed basis
• 7 - 10 years' experience in an Oracle Applications DBA Architect role, in a consulting, client facing environment, and hands-on project experience with Oracle Apps 12.2 technology stack, WebLogic, and online patching
• Broad knowledge of Oracle applications database definition, design, and configuration
• Experience Administering Cloud environments (such as Amazon Web Services and Oracle Cloud) and in hosted datacenter co-locations; and with executing tasks in client facing production environments, including monitoring, performance tuning, release/deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, and latency
• Ability to architect Oracle Enterprise workloads for Oracle ERP on AWS and Oracle Cloud
• At least 7 years’ experience with Oracle RDBMS
• Experience with Oracle Application Server, RAC, Data Guard, and Advanced RMAN skills in a client environment
• Oracle R12.2 Applications DBA skills with upgrades, platform migrations, performance tuning, and management of complex 24×7 environments.
• Hands-on architecture, installation, and Cloud Architecture
• Designing and implementing Cloud Disaster Recovery strategies
• Experience deploying Oracle Applications in the DMZ
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills due to a high level of interaction with clients
• Ability work effectively with internal sales, management, and across delivery organizations
• Adherence to processes and understanding the importance of documentation is required
• Current knowledge of Oracle EBS R12.1/R12.2 and 11gR2/12c for the management of complex 24x7 environments and installations, upgrades, load balanced application server, and disaster recovery experience
• Good knowledge of operating systems like Linux, Unix, Solaris, and AIX
• Good understanding of networking
• A high-level understanding of key security concepts is a must
• B.S. in Computer Science or MIS; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
• AWS or Oracle Cloud management
• Managing workloads on AWS or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
A top recognized Oracle Gold Partner, AWS Partner and Oracle Cloud Managed Service Provider, SmartDog has been “The Oracle Customer’s Best Friend” for over 25 years. Recognizing the complexity of Oracle, our care-and-feeding-model is uniquely equipped to pair customers with SmartDog consultants averaging over 18 years of Oracle-specific experience, all while billing in as little 15-minute increments. This, combined with a deep expertise in ERP enables SmartDog to work closely with our clients as a trusted advisor to identify and deliver a broad array of cost-effective Oracle IT solutions.
Specializing in Oracle e-Business Suite and Oracle’s Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), SmartDog offers a full-support for customers from the technical layer to the functional layer including database administration, incident-based support, integrations, migrations, architectural solutioning, and all Oracle development needs. To maintain excellence, we recruit talented Oracle individuals who are interested in the opportunity to contribute to the unique SmartDog model and be a part of a collaborative, team-oriented and customer-focused company.